All-League Voting Procedures
(Revised October, 2016)
1. The definition of an all-league representative is someone who:
- · Demonstrates skills and ability through performance in league contests;
- · Is both a leader to the team and demonstrates the attributes of sportsmanship;
- · Has played in at least 60% of all league games;
- · Has had nomination vetted by both coach and athletic director;
2. Athletic Directors are required to meet a submission date prior to an all-league coaches meeting.
3. All Head Coaches must attend (or have representation at) the post season coaches’ meeting. At that meeting:
- · Coaches will be given time to discuss each of their all-league nominations.
- · Rookie-of-the-Year nominations will also be discussed.
- · League sportsmanship reports will be distributed (card, technical reports) to each coach.
- · There will be time for questions from coaches.
- · Coaches will vote at the meeting on paper ballots and the sport coordinator will give the results to League Commissioner for distribution to the league and the media.
- · ADs may not vote for their own players (only exceptions must be pre-approved by sport coordinator, commissioner, and league president).
- · Coaches will vote the least number of points for the top candidate and coaches will only vote for the total number of spots on the first and second team (example: Girls’ Soccer has room for 25 players on the first and second teams combined. Therefore the ‘best player’ would receive 1 point; the ‘next best player’ would receive 2, and so on. If there are 40 nominees, the coach would only rank the top 25). If they have less votes than spots available, we will weigh their votes accordingly.
- · ADs will also vote for Rookie-of-the-Year, Team Sportsmanship, and Coach-of-the-Year.
5. Vote Confirmations/Reports:
- · Athletic Directors will confirm spellings, positions, etc., and contact Commissioner to confirm. Any discrepancies and/or possible issues will be discussed with athletic director of school involved. If that school wants to appeal results, league appeals committee will convene and resolve issue.
- · All-League teams will be distributed to ADs via email and posted on league website, (cc’d to Seattle Times) the same day by Commissioner.
All-League Team Sizes
Volleyball – 7 (1st Team)/7 (2nd Team)/2 (Honorable Mention)
Boys’ Soccer – 11/8 (2nd Team)
Girls’ Soccer – 11 (1st Team)/11 (2nd Team)/ 3 (Honorable Mention)
Boys’ Basketball – 5/5 (2nd team)
Girls’ Basketball – 5 (1st Team)/5 (2nd Team)/2 (Honorable Mention)
Baseball – 7
Softball – 5
Boys' Ultimate - 7/4 (Honorable Mention)
Girls' Ultimate - 7/4 (Honorable Mention)
Individual Sports’ Qualifications
- · Cross Country – awards league honors by meeting standard (18:00 boys, 21:30 girls).
- · Golf – top 25% of the league by regular season scoring average are 1st team All-League.
- · Tennis – top 4 Singles & Doubles players will be considered 1st Team All-League.
- · Track and Field – awards league honors by meeting standard(s).
- · Athlete ejected for sportsmanship reasons is not eligible for all-league honors of any kind.
- · If a coach is ejected, or receives two cards/two technical fouls for sportsmanship reasons, he/she is ineligible for Coach-of-the-Year and the team will not qualify for the Sportsmanship Award.